Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fast Fiction V (is that right)

A mated pair of falcons has taken up residence in the park. As I leave for work, they busy themselves with repairing their nest, gathering food for the little ones.

I wonder, do they look forward to our moments together? Am I just a big mammal walking below their home, or have they grown to expect our dawn meetings? As they call to each other, as they fly by, all grace and purpose, I do not answer my own question. I realize that the question dissolves itself.

The birds and I share something, even if it is different for them than me. The new sun shines on both of our endeavors each day.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger zditty said...

This one is a little weak. I'll go back to 100 word stories or sentence/stories. The nice thing: I'm still just gushing w/ ideas and I'm still writing in like ten minutes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home