Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Monday, March 06, 2006

Fast Fiction II

This weekend, I dreamt of drinking orange juice from a thermal cup. I ambled through a private wood with my drink, taking in the twilight quiet treescape. Without warning, I came upon a small denizen of the wood.

The bat and I shared a moment of confusion. I offered the creature a taste of my orange juice. It drank deep, wanting more. Perhaps it was a fruit bat, or perhaps it merely took what I offered as good. The bat drank as much as I gave.

I woke up puzzled.

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger zditty said...

I guess I shoudl clarify that: 1) this isn't really fiction. I dreamt this weird story this weekend. 2) I did write it in ten minutes or so.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

I am really enjoying the fast fiction! A lot! I think it's delightful--whether you did it on purpose or not, I love the words, "maybe it was a fruit bat" hahahaha!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger zditty said...

The fruit bat part was supposed to be funny. I am glad it worked!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Remember that bats, assumed to be blind - are privy to a another world of senses, far deeper than the rest of us. Try casting your own sonar out. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home