Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Friday, January 27, 2006

Quick Pseudo-Religious note

I have been a little reluctant to write about this next topic. Part of the reluctance is an understandible and totally appropriate desire to not make myself seem holier than I am. Part of my reluctance is due to a fear of criticism related to my new-renewed sense of Faith. I want people to think of me as they always have.

It's the "worrying about what people think" part of my reluctance that I want to address here. I'm not ashamed of my recent calling to return to the Church.

I believe in Jesus. I believe in one God. I believe that I need organized services to properly understand God.

It makes me happy to go to Church. It may seem sudden, strange, etc. I finally realized that all my previous mystical pursuits amounted to empty forms, intellectualized attempts to make God be what I wanted Her/Him to be. I got nowhere pursuing that path.

I hope that you read this and feel glad for me. If not, I'll pray for you anyway.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger anne said...

i've sensed this in you for a while. i'm glad that it brings you happiness!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

it is happy to see you regain center and happiness these past few months. how rewarding for me to watch it, let alone how it must feel. :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Jen(n) said...

Just don't make me go with you, and I'll be as happy for you as you want me to be. :)

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger zditty said...

What are you doing next Sunday?

j/k!


:.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home