Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Friday, November 18, 2005

Salut!

I arrived in Paris today at approximately 9:00 a.m. After a brief nap, shower and light lunch, I headed out to explore. Notre Dame is only a few blocks away, so I wandered around for an hour before arriving there. Currently, the weather is clear, cool and crisp - approximately 1 C



Roman Bridge connecting the Rive Droite (Right Bank) over the Seine to the Ile Saint Louis.




My French comprehension is much better than I thought it would be, though my pronunciation leaves a little more to be desired. A few glasses of wine really help. The Parisians I've encountered have been pleasant and polite. Most begin speaking English as soon as they figure out (pretty quickly) that my French is not up to par.

For more pictures, please view my flickr site.

4 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

I'm so jealous! But I'm glad you're having a GREAT time and the weather looks beautiful.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger connie said...

You'd love it... foie gras at almost every (and I do mean almost every) restaurant... unless they're italian, chinese, spanish, etc. there are entire shops devoted to foie gras.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

mrmmm...foie gras. i am going to be in London soon, we might just pop over to Paris for a bit!

btw, the linke to your flickr shots didn't work, but I found it (and added you as a friend), it's:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90308286@N00/

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger connie said...

OMG! You have to go. You would totally die. It's like Vegas for foodies! Let me know if you need any suggestions (Angelina's! Pierre Herme! Poilane! Marie-Anne Cantin!), but good food is impossible to miss. Oh, and the pharmacies are fantastic... they sell lots of beauty products for a fraction of the price here.

BTW, the flickr link has already been fixed. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home