Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Very Fast Fiction

When the killing was over, Don Alberto looked me over for long seconds. "You know why I spared you, don't you?" I did, but I couldn't speak. It's hard to talk when you are covered in blood that is not your own and there is a killer in front of you. You want to run, but your legs won't cooperate. You want to avoid the red eyes staring at you, but Don Alberto wants to keep your attention. If the father of all vampires wants to keep your attention, you pay attention.

Someone had to explain how fifty people came to this gymnasium, how they began to lay out plans for a vampire hunt, and how the vampire decided not to wait on them to come to him.

Someone has to take the rap. Someone with a criminal record and ties to the occult would be the ideal fall guy. Someone like me.

5 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger zditty said...

I wrote this yesterday in 10 minutes. Sometimes I like drilling myself to write quickly and with little regard for quality.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I dig it.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

very cool! you may have a future in genre writing!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger zditty said...

If there's a genre for stuff you write quickly, I believe you might be correct. I have to admit, I thought it was pretty cool.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

there's definitely a mystery genre...and there's definitely short short fiction, too (have you read stories by lydia davis? some of her stories are 3 sentences long! quite a feat).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home