Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Things fall apart

Even this feeling will pass, I know. For now though, I am focused on the way things used to be, and how they are now.

I can't adequately explain how big a hill climbing up from depression to a semblance of normalcy really is. Many of you readers know exactly what I'm talking about. Some don't, and I am sorry this won't make sense to you.

What makes sense to everyone who pays attention is that things fall apart. Life is a coming closer to death, each day inexorably leading to the terminus.

Progress is met with resistance. Growth is met with disintegration Eventually, everything of the world goes away.

I've tried to place my goals outside this cyclical destruction. Pray I keep my eyes on the prize.

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger anne said...

with death also comes life. the universe works on a scale beyond our imagining, and while i don't excuse this ecological path of destruction we are on, i do think there is more going on here than we will ever know. same thing with life. though mortality seeps through our bodies, weighing down our bones as we age, that, too, is ultimately just another phase of existence.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger zditty said...

Thanks for your comments. Anne, I woanted to say that I found your last sentence extremely poetic.

My Laconic prose pales by comparison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home