Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Catholic take on John Ch: 6

Warning: This short bit contains Catholic doctrine broken down for dummies. It also refers to the Gospel of John, Chapter 6. Reader discretion is advised.







John chapter six is often cited by Catholics in reference to the Eucharist. When I read CH:6 verses 32 on, I see Jesus clearly avoiding the only conclusion that Protestants that don't believe in transubstantiation can logically come to. Jesus is not being metaphorical. He means that we, lterally, are to eat his body and drink his blood.

Jesus turns a lot of followers off with this teaching (verse 60 on). If He was making a metaphor or meaning something other than what He literally says, He has plenty of time to clarify.

The Eucharist is something I think that Protestants really miss out on.

OK. That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home