Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Friday, July 28, 2006

Life imitates art, or cheesy TV shows.

Zack and I have been enjoying Entourage this summer. It's not what I would call great television that's on par with say, Buffy, Freaks and Geeks or Arrested Development (I like underdogs, okay?). It's a nice, throwaway, superficial show that's just pure guilty pleasure. I didn't care for the "Eric has a threesome" plotline (C'mon, that's Vince's deal), but who am I kidding? We all really watch the show for Jeremy Piven. Hug it out, bitch!

Anyways, we were discussing the glut of comic book movies (and comic book-like movies) that have popped up since the first X-Men. "What's next, Aquaman?" said Zack, half seriously. I dismissed it.

"Everyone knows Aquaman sucks. That's why they used it on Entourage. It's supposed to be a joke. They know no one will ever make it."
"Yeah, you're probably right," agreed Zack.

Well, oddly enough, Zack might be right. And ironically, Ari's real-life counterpart is a big proponent of this deal. What's next? Will Adrien Grenier get cast as the lead? Or will it be Marky Mark?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home