Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Thursday, June 29, 2006

I Can't Deal


Rant number whatever:

I am too linked with my professional life. Too much of my own sense of self-worth is tied up to my job.


What have I done in my professional life:

- Made a huge email blunder that cost my boss some face

- Got upset enough at a supervisor's mistake to take him to task, then refused to back down

- Quit a job before having anything lined up

- Was told by a new boss (I am quoting his first words to me here): "You're an angry young man."

All in all, I've got work issues.

My mom has worked in the same place for over thirty years. She instilled in me an understanding of the world in which my own value is tied up to what I do for a living. I love and admire her hard work and principles. I somehow don't match up to her great example.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger xtinehlee said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear all you're going through! It is hard to fit into a job, there are so many variables, go easier on yourself. Some jobs, I feel like I'm a hero...others, I feel like the odd man out, like there's nothing right with me.

(unsolicited advice above there, sorry).

I am rooting for you!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger anne said...

don't be so hard on yourself. everyone has work issues,and it's much to easy to see work as the be all end all. but no one died because of your mistakes. it's just work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home