Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Thursday, April 27, 2006

What the blogging really does

I am still without cup number two (my normal amount) of coffee, so I am not quite lucid as I type. The strokes and percussive sound of the keys are mainly the focus of my mind, so I am not thinking about what I am writing too very much.

What I am partially aware of is simple, and maybe not true even. It's an idea that I have had before and dismissed.

I wonder if blogging actually increases or reduces the frequency of my creative writing. Certainly, in crafting a post, I do write. Perhaps that is enough. Perhaps there should be more.

I am thinking that my writing here is almost childish. Generally, if I don't know the spelling of a word right off, I don't use it in posts. And then there's the typos. And then there's the structure.

In looking at my posts, then comparing my own outside creative writing projects, I realize that I have a style of sorts.

Here, in a nutshell, is an example of my style. You see, I like the comma. Too much really (by the way, I also like the colon, parentheses, etc.).

I love short paragraphs.

Even though you are not supposed to string together adjectives, I string them together like I was making a necklace for a really fat man: "my red, shiny, thin, cheaply made book cover," instead of "my book cover."

What I have decided is simply to use my odd style in a new way. I have something in mind. If you are in my creative writing circle, you'll get to see my baby steps in using a structure that suits me more.

Where is my coffee buddy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home