Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Watch what you pray for

I apologize in advance if this hits a hot button with Christian evangelicals out there, but I find a VERY disturbing trend in thinking that I want to address.

I don't think it is proper to pray for another soul, ANY soul, to suffer judgment. On the contrary, as Christians we are called to pray that all souls are saved. This may not be explicitly spelled out, but the "love your enemy" doctrine as clearly stated in Matthew, extends to the afterlife as well. Don't you think so?

Wouldn't it be better to have all God's children in heaven, or is it some exclusive club?

Yes, I realize everyone won't be saved. I still pray that they will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home