Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I don't like memes...

but I will say that there are several interesting lists of books that many have posted on their blogs. Like my wife's, for instance. Or Christine's. Or Jen's. I've got nothing that good to contribute, except that everyone should read Aztec by Gary Jennings. Much of it is over-dramatized, and the sex is played up a LOT (the Mexica were actually rather prudish in many aspects of thier culture. Still, there was a world, a whole world, that was so alien that it could have been on another planet, and my people inhabited it. We were graceful, beautiful, and pitiless. That world is gone, and we are all impoverished for its loss.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Jen(n) said...

You would probably like The River Why. It's spiritual but not in a "hit you over the head" way.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger zditty said...

It does sound good Jen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home