Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Napalm Sunrise in the kitchen

Because of my desire to put my life into neat patterns, setbacks can really play havoc on my well-being. The workday schedule is particularly important to keeping me in the right frame of mind.

Oatmeal forms the cement of my morning. I eat it nearly every workday. Its preparation is the central task I accomplish before I set out for work.

Today, the process went horribly wrong. Yes, oatmeal can catch fire, crawling out of the pot, sticking to and blackening the surrounding stovetop.

When it rains, it pours, literally. Confectioner’s sugar fell when I innocently opened a cabinet door to try and scrape up a granola bar to substitute for the ruined cereal.

Even the coffee was bad this morning, a little too weak (due to poor measuring).

OK. Deep Breaths.

Things happen. I can handle them.

This is what it feels like to not be depressed. I still get rattled, and life can still suck sometimes. The difference is subtle. Maybe I wouldn’t notice it if I weren’t hyper-conscious of my own emotions. All I know for sure is that things are different. I am smiling at the comic scenes this morning. It’s time to move on and see what the rest of the day holds.

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Jen(n) said...

:)

hope you had a less chaotic day.

napalm sunrise in the kitchen. haha.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger zditty said...

Thanks Jen! The rest of the day was much better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home