Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

She's one of us now

A coworker of mine, Marina, recently received the lime mini for her birthday. Yesterday, she told me that when the battery ran out while waiting for her BART train to arrive, her commute became very depressing.

Several months ago, there was an article in Newsweek stating that a day like today is one that iPod owners look forward to simultaneously with dread and anticipation.

Steve Jobs: “Do you have an iPod?”
Madonna: “Of course I do! That’s so dumb! Every time I get one a new one comes out the next week.”

After lunch today, I showed Marina the new nano, which replaces the mini (IWANTITIWANTITIWANTITIWANTITIWANTITIWANTIT!!!!!!!!). Her eyes widened and she gasped. "I'm going to throw mine in the garbage and get that new one!" she growled. And then, "I hate Apple. But it's sooo coool!!!"

Yep. Definitely one of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home