Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Monday, July 25, 2005

Zack's Panacea - Water

So I have been talking about the virtues of water for some time now. In an earlier post, I made a suggestion as to how much water one should consume. That suggestion was in error, I believe.

The alchemical formula I use now is as follows

Take your weight in pounds (metric system be damned!).

This is your base water consumption (per day) in ounces, times 0.5 (if you arre generally a couch potato) to 0.75 (if you are an athelete).

This will give you your typical water needs for a day. If you are in an arid environemnt, you need AT LEAST 32 oz. more. If you have a particularly active day, you need AT LEAST 32 oz more.

Example: Jim the runner weighs 165 pounds. Thats 165 X0.75 (remember, he's a runner)
=

123.75oz

as his base water need for the day. A gallon is 128 oz. This guy needs to drink approximately a gallon of water a day to stay in top shape, physically AND mentally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home