Connie and Zack: the conspiracy of two

Just a forum where my wife and I can ramble together

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

We are now a two iPod household.

There is a quiet revolution around you. My wife and I are two of its soldiers.

Now, I can kind of describe how the little device, all stark white and chrome, has won an important spot in my life, just as Connie's cute pink Mini has found a place in her heart. It takes a while to get a grip on the full impact of this device.

In a nutshell, the iPod is the fulfillment of the promise of digital music. There was a great article by Newsweek all about the revolution that is this device; Here ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5457434/site/Newsweek/) is the follow up piece on the new iPod. To summarize my thoughts: wow!

I can now have every song I own (and Con and I have a pretty large music collection) ready to hand. Since my new 4th generation iPod has a 12 hour battery life, I need to charge it at night, then go.

It is a $300 dollar toy, and normally I am reluctant to buy such a spendy gadget. I kind of try to justify it in this way: I am listening to a novel on audiobook as I write this piece. See the educational potential? I'm twice as efficient now!

And, of course, there is the cuteness factor. The fact that you have to wait a month to get an iPod Mini like the pink one my wife loves speaks to the power of cute.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home